Make Your Church Invitations More Interactive and Effective with a FREE QR Code!
I'm sure you've noticed them- those weird little squares on ads in magazines, in store displays and even at the movie theater – it's a QR Code and it’s the latest way to communicate with people in the marketplace.
Outreach now offers a FREE QR code with every custom order! By inserting a QR code into your direct mail postcard, custom bulletin, banner or brochure anyone with a smartphone or tablet can just click and be taken to any web page you want – like a pastor welcome video, a promotional video for an upcoming event or a form to register for a free gift or tickets!
Great Use Ideas For Your Church
"More and more people first visit your church through your website -- not through your front doors." - Church Marketing 101. Give them an easy way to get there with a QR Code!
- Provide directions location or special event by linking to Google or Map Quest directions to your church service!
- Create excitement with a video promoting a guest speaker or other special event.
- Welcome potential visitors with a video about your church or a special message from the pastor.
- Share your sermons or podcasts so visitors can check out your teaching style.
- Offer a free gift and collect the contact information for people who use your QR code. This gives you a method of further communication.
- Offer Free Tickets to a movie screening or Christmas event and increase your response rates.
- Link to your Facebook page and get people to follow your church's social media posts.
- Put a QR Code on a banner in front of your church, people who come by after hours can still get information on your church service times and watch a video!
Click design to enlarge
What Is A QR Code & Why Should My Church Use One?
A QR code is just like a barcode except that it can be read by a smartphone or tablet equipped with a QR code reader (usually offered as a Free App). The QR code is encoded with a URL so that when anyone scans it, the web page is displayed on the phone. This allows you to provide additional information, show a video or even a map.
Using a QR code in your church communications is smart for many reasons but some key points are:
- Keeps your messages simple and easy to read - more in-depth details can be shared on the webpage.
- Breaks down barriers for church visitors - if your QR code goes to a video about your church or a good website, potential visitors can find out more and will feel more comfortable trying your church in person.
- Convenient - the person using the code can find information no matter the day or time.
- It's cutting edge - using the latest technology shows that your church is up-to-date and can communicate effectively with a younger audience.