Draw People to Your Church So You Can Share the Meaning of Easter…
Direct Mail Postcards are The Best Way to Reach Out To Your Community!
With all the communication options today - email, social media, mass media advertising - many people assume that a simple postcard is not as effective but in reality it's still the most cost effective way to share the good news! Here are 10 more reasons to choose direct mail to invite your community to church!
"We had about 125 first time guests attend our Community Easter Egg Hunt and six new first-time guest families on Easter -- all as a result of the postcard." - Pastor Paul from Living Hope of the Bay
- Saturation. Not everyone subscribes to the newspaper. Not everyone listens to the radio – at the same time, on the same station. Not everyone watches TV, or browses the Internet. But we all get the mail - everyday. Direct mail is the only medium where you can virtually reach every household in your community.
- Less competition. Think of all the ads you hear daily on the radio. See on TV. Pop-up online. Delivery to your email box? Do you read every one? How many messages would be competing with yours if you chose one of these media? Now think of your mailbox. How many pieces of mail do you receive daily? There’s not nearly as much competition vying for your attention in your mailbox as in these other media.
- Refine your audience. Select those most likely to respond. With direct mail, you don’t just hit the target - you hit the bull's eye. With OnTarget mailing services from Outreach, your church can choose the neighborhoods you wish to mail to - eliminating those who may not be the right audience for your church. For example, if you are launching a service targetted at 20 year olds, you probably don't want to mail into a 55+ only community. With direct mail you can choose to remove those neighborhoods until you have a Seniors event.
- Less waste. Internet, TV, radio, newspapers - they cover a broad area with thousands upon thousands of people. Their cost per thousand is relatively low. But you only want to reach people that are within your three- or five-mile vicinity. So why pay for thousands of others?
- Longer shelf-life. Radio & TV ads are gone instantly. Newspaper ads are gone tomorrow. Consumers often hang on to direct mail that they're interested in, and refer to it several times as well as sharing it with others. It's got your map. Your phone number. Your service times. And it's often found on the refrigerator. Click here to see examples
- One-two punch. Your direct mail postcard hits - and attracts - them first with an eye-catching, four-color design and compelling headline. Then it draws them in and gives them all the information they need. Most other media give you either/or: you either get an eye-stopping image (TV) with very few facts, or a mediocre image (black/white newspaper) but more information. Choose the medium that packs the punch.
- Good Stewardship. With targeted mailing lists and low postage rates, sending direct mail is a cost effective way to do outreach. You reach the people you want for the lowest postage possible! PLUS Outreach can even deliver the postcards to your post office - saving you time and mileage.
- You choose where your message appears. With other media, your message runs wherever it will fit - even right next to your competition - unless you're willing to pay top dollar to secure a specific spot. Direct mail gives you full control: you know exactly where (whose mailboxes) your message will hit.
- Customize your message. Every Outreach direct mail postcard order includes two hours of FREE graphic design time so you can get a postcard that fits your church and message best. Check out over 600 designs available at Outreach.com to get ideas or we can create a completely new design just for you.
- Extremely personal. For just a few dollars more, you can choose a postcard personalized with the recipients first or family name on the front and back of the card - increasing response rates up to 200% and bringing more visitors to your church!